7:30AM Registration & Morning Coffee
8:30AM Chairs Opening Remarks
Two Sides Of A Great Divide – Complexity Reduction Whilst Achieving Intelligent Individualism
Scott Ziolek, Principal Engineer Seating New Technology, Hyundai-Kia America Technical Centre & Chair of SAE Human Accommodation & Design
- Identifying the complexities that the customer really values: best fabrics, skilled embossing, high-end styling and a designer touch and feel?
8:50AM Integrated Safety – How The Cockpit Of A Vehicle Is Inherently Tied To Autonomous Vehicle Performance
Tony Gioutsos, Director Portfolio Developer Autonomous Americas, Siemens PLM Software
- What is integrated safety
- Tools for analysis
- Definition of Performance
- Example – Automatic Emergency Braking activation yet still have a crash occur
- Seating configuration robustness
9:10AM The Drive To Cut Weight: How To Achieve The Best Material Optimisation & Value Optimisation: Combining Optimization & Modern Product Development Methods To Achieve A Lightweight Design
Edwin Pope, Global Lightweighting Principal Analyst, IHS Markit
- Reviewing new structure materials and manufacturing processes for lightweight seat structures
- Increasing usage of lightweight and composite materials such as magnesium, high strength steel (HSS) and carbon fibre to reduce the overall weight of seating system.
- Opportunities for metal replacement with multi-material systems
- Reducing the number mechanisms – whilst increasing functionality
- How OEMs have taken advantage of material innovation: Case Study Reverse Engineering
- How further multi-material design can unlock limitations of conventional design.
9:30AM Seat Benchmarking Creating A Digital Twin
Dr Samy Panneerselvam, Technical Director Full Seat System Digital Twin, Caresoft Global Inc &
Steve Jakubiec, Subject Matter Expert, Caresoft Global Inc
- Non-destructive methods for automotive benchmarking for automotive seating using high energy scan technology
- Plastics, Structures and Frames, Analysis of Structures
- An advanced ability to understand the design intent of the components and assemblies
- FE Model – Joining techniques and material properties: Analysis and simulations
- Case Study Tesla Model X
9:55AM Automotive OEM Seating System Strategies For A 2025-2030 C.A.S.E. World
Vishwas Shankar, Research Manager – Business Strategy & Innovation Group, Frost & Sullivan
- Understand the primary, secondary, tertiary CASE drivers of seating system in 2020-2030 including lightweighting, new material strategies, modular construction.
- Personalization of seating system targeting health & wellness, vegan, etc. via innovations in structures, mechanism, foam, surface materials.
- OEMs and Tier-1 Suppliers focus on product differentiation via targeting new seating attributes ultra-lightweight with CFRP/Plastic, Self-Healing/Self-Cleaning, AI powered.
- Focus on Seating technology innovations for an entirely new class and emerging segments of robotaxis, autonomous shuttles, flying cars in additional next-gen legacy models
10:15AM Joining Innovation For Seat Assembly
Zack Lanman, Thread Forming Product Manager, ATF Inc
- Cold formed and machines components and assemblies used in complex, safety critical industrial, automotive and aerospace seating applications
10:35AM Morning Networking Break In The Exhibition Area
11:00AM Will The Entire Seat Of The Future Be Glued Together: Designing The Vehicle Interior Of The Future
Syed Mahdi, Scientific Principal & Team Leader in the Product Development Team, Henkel North America
- In the future, our vehicles will be much more than just daily transportation. They’ll function as our living rooms and offices, too.
- learn more about the adhesives that will make the vehicle interiors of the future possible.
- Take a closer look at how adhesives will enable these vehicle interiors of the future. As more autonomous vehicles enter the market, the nature of the vehicle interior will change, becoming an extension of our homes and offices. Consumers will demand increased comfort and enhanced aesthetics.
- Success depends on being better—lighter, faster, stronger, and more reliable—than the competition. As the global leader in adhesives, sealants, and functional coating technologies for the automotive seating and interior industry, we will help you get there. We create a competitive advantage for our customers along the entire seat manufacturing value chain.
11:20AM Mass Production Of Thermoplastic Composite Seat Shells Using One Step Hybrid Molding Process
Pal Swaminathan, Technical Marketing & Business Development TEPEX Automotive , Lanxess Corporation
- Organosheet with Ultra-thin wall thickness
- Lightweight design
- One step hybrid molding process
- Cycle time less than 60 seconds
11:40AM Edison2: The Effects Of Autonomous Cars On Interior Design
Oliver Kuttner, Founder & CEO, Edison2
- Changing established market segments through different market expectations.
- New “shared use” business models effect on interior layout expectations.
- Effect of climate change on the industry.
- Opportunities arising from shared autonomous cars.
12.00AM Seat Structures – Light Weighting & Cost Effectiveness Of Advanced High Strength 3rd Gen Steels
Harry Singh, Senior Product Application Engineer, United States Steel Corporation
- Modern advanced high strength steels offer a wide range of steel grades and manufacturing process choices for the vehicle structural systems. This presentation will discuss:
- The evolution of lightweight seat structure designs and transitioning from internal combustion to electric vehicles
- Cost of light weighting versus cost increase of battery for EV range increase
- The mass saving premium ($ per kg mass saved), for the various light-weighting options for automotive seat structures
- The light weighting and cost effectiveness offered by advanced high strength 3rd Gen Steels applied to seat structures
12:20PM RICARO Automotive Seating: Safety You Can Sense. And Enthusiasm That Excites You
Michael Murto, Engineering Director, Recaro Automotive Seating
12:45PM Networking Lunch In The Exhibition Area
1:45PM Testing, Inspection & Certification: Seating & Interiors Validation Opportunities
Don Lux, Division Director, Transport, Element Materials Technology
- Gaps in testing standards
- Closing the gap between simulation and testing
2:05PM Panel Session: Innovative Foam Solutions & Achieving The Right Blend Of Comfort, Safety & Sustainability
Panel Chair: Pasquale Rossi, Foam Specialist – Comfort & Trim, Faurecia
Oliver Kuttner, Founder & CEO, Edison2
Michael Berta, Senior Product Engineer, Mahindra
Michael Jarouche, Vice President Global Sales & Marketing, Humanetics Innovative Solutions Inc
- Reducing thickness without degrading quality and comfort
- Opportunities for new thinner materials that offer longer life, quality and comfort
- What is the break-through innovations in foam: cost, profiles and adoptability?
- Environmental performance, holistic solutions/alternatives and eliminating harmful emissions foam
- Production, Recyclability
- Heat dispersion, ventilation and mould-ability
- The future light weighting opportunities for foam: The future of foam in Next-Gen automotive seating
2:30PM Industry X.0 – Software, Electronics: Speed2Value For Smart Seating Innovations
David Rush, Director Industry X.0, Engineering, Accenture
- Engineering the future connected seat
- Light weighting: Taking more weight out to allow more smarts in
- The brains of the seat are in software
- Telling the seat what we want, and trusting it understands
- Functional Safety: Modeling the Fail-Safe Seat
2:50PM Press Assembly Technologies For Multi-Material Products With Industry 4.0 Protocol Implemented
Troy Waldherr, Vice President Sales for North America, TOX-Pressotechnik LLC
- Press-in and pierce in elements for connection of parts
- Clinching/sheet metal joining for assembly of metallic parts
- Self-pierce riveting
- Forming and piercing
3:10PM Automotive Seat Simulation
Ramesh Dwarampudi is the Technical Manager for Virtual Seat Solutions at ESI Group, North America
- Virtual Prototyping of automotive seating
- Hybrid-Twin, Virtual Acoustics, Virtual Manufacturing
- Learn how to replace the traditional trial-and-error procedures based on physical prototypes with virtual seat solutions
- Reduce cost and time-to-market and increase product quality, occupant safety and innovative capability
- How to guarantee just-in-time delivery
- Meeting regulation requirement: Standard protocols like EuroNCAP, JapanNCAP, ChinaNCAP and IIHS
- Ensuring the right occupant posture by predicting virtually the H-Point as well as inclusion of whiplash and comfort simulation
- Predicting the comfort of your seat
3:30PM Smarter Seat: A Connected Car Cockpit Of The Future
Jakub Kamecki, Vice President of Business Development, TG0
- Smart performance materials unlocking new paradigms in mobility
- Connected car cockpit of the future, an intelligent hub for consumer.
- OEM and fleet gesture, touch and pressure sensing materials easier to manufacture, lower costs.
- Improving driver and passenger experience, safety, sustainability, accessibility
- Exploration of autonomous vehicle and big data use cases
3:50PM Afternoon Refreshments, Networking & Product Demonstration By
4:15PM Lightening Up Through Topology Optimization
Anthony Norton, Vice President Americas Technical Operations, Altair
- Tools for structural design and optimization to help with topology optimization
- innovative design, materials, engineering, and manufacturing approaches
- how topology optimization works with additive manufacturing how topology optimization works with additive manufacturing
4:35PM Comau’s Way To IoT & AI: Building The Factory Of The Future, Now
Paolo Avagliano, Head of Digital Platform, Comau
- How Comau is approaching the Internet of things and artificial intelligence
- A synopsis of Comau’s digital IoT platform in grid
- How Comau is implementing in grid and other solutions into manufacturing plants to create the factory of the future.
4:55PM How To Use Colour And Texture To Boost Vehicle Interior Appeal
Theresa Patton, Senior Marketing Development Manager Color & Additives North America, PolyOne Corporation
- Balancing sensory factors such as colour, feel, and surface finish to grab consumer attention
- Materials matter for advanced mobility
- Discover how materials are making the future of personal mobility possible
5:15PM Safety Systems Design & Innovation: Dynamic Safety Repositioning Or Adaptive Safety
- Safety Systems Design & Innovation: Next-Generation Seatbelts & Airbag Configurations & Technologies
- How to manage seatbelts and airbags when you have multiple locations, where you may be pointed or moved to
5:35PM Automotive Seat Benchmarking With A2Mac1
5:55PM All Attendee Networking Drinks Reception Area
All Attendees Are Cordially Invited To Join Us At The
Seating And Interior Trim Open House: Post-Summit Workshop
12th MARCH 2020
Vehicles Showcased: Tesla Model 3, Honda Accord, Ford Escape Titanium, Mercedes E-Class
This year all Lightweight Automotive Seating Materials & Technology Congress attendees are cordially invited to attend a post-summit workshop hosted by A2Mac1 at their Michigan HQ to participate in a comprehensive benchmark analysis of seat sets. Gain access to benchmarking intelligence as well as a large inventory of reverse engineered seats and parts – Join a thorough, interactive, in-house analysis benchmarking exercise.
DISPLAYED PARTS: Seats, Instrument Panels, Center Consoles, Trim Components For Lightweight Automotive Seating Materials & Technology USA 2020 Patriots Only.
Location: A2Mac1 North America, 8393 Rawsonville Rd., Belleville , MI 48111
45 Places Only – Reserve yours now by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org